Rever Offshore have been operating since 2003 and in January 2021 were taken over by Boskalis Subsea Services. SPACE continue to provide the same FM provision including Reception, Cleaning, Security Services and now covid management and space planning.
SPACE FM provide a wide range of M&E Services to Rever:
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) to SFG20 requirements
- Statutory and Mandatory maintenance and inspections
- Reactive maintenance
- Project works
- Health & Safety Management and compliance
- Fire and Life-Safety Management
- Environmental Management and utility cost reduction (including Carbon Management)
- Reporting and Client liaison
This includes specialist installations such as:
- Lifting equipment (LOLER)
- Industrial manufacturing processes
The introduction of a Helpdesk and CAFM system has not only created a point of contact within the facility but also reports incidents and requests that are to be carried out in alignment with standards previously agreed with the Client. Demonstrated below are the processes put in place as part of the Helpdesk and CAFM system. The implementation of this management system of both Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance has meant that a significant asset database can be recorded on the CAFM for both buildings.
Improvements and Innovations
Prior to contract commencement, SPACE and Rever Offshore worked collaboratively to carry out a Strategic Facilities Review (SFR). This involved carrying out a detailed review and analysis of all of their existing facilities management functions and associated costs. A comprehensive review of all Statutory and Mandatory maintenance requirements was also undertaken. The outcome from this process was to identify a number of areas for improved service delivery and efficiency with associated cost savings such as:
- Restructure of FM resources and capabilities.
- Supply chain rationalization.
- Improved adherence to Statutory compliance.
- Tighter control of compliant standards of testing and equipment.
We therefore established that there could be a staffing and services saving of more than £75,000 in the first year. This conclusion was reached by changing the operational structure to reduce the number of staff in the current Facilities Management team. The necessary processes were carried out by condensing the team and changing and merging roles to encourage greater multi skill work from the staff. This will help to ensure that cross-role work is taking place.
The unique SFR tool, created by SPACE, also allows greater documentation of internal audits carried out by the on-site team who are able to individually record equipment and maintenance checks, in accordance with current legislation.