Here’s what our commitment to a Safe Space means:
We ensure our employees understand their rights and responsibilities.
- Understand workplace hazards and what to do about them
- Participate in solving workplace health & safety problems
- Refuse to work if you believe it is unsafe
- Follow the law and workplace health & safety policies and procedures
- Wear and use the protective equipment required by their employer
- Work and act in a way that won’t hurt themselves or anyone else
As an employer, SPACE is committed to ensuring you know about hazards and dangers, providing information, training, instruction, and supervision on how to work safely. Our workplace health & safety procedures are implemented company wide. As part of this, we make sure you have, wear, and use the right protective equipment (PPE) as well as ensuring we do everything reasonable in the circumstances to protect workers from being hurt or receiving a work-related illness.
- Inform you of the hazards and dangers of your workplace
- Respond to your concerns
- Show you safe working practices
- Ensure you follow workplace health & safety laws, policies, and procedures
- Ensure the availability, and use of, PPE
- Protect you as best as possible from injury or work-related illness