About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate, customer-focused Senior Interior Designer to join our growing team in Glasgow. You will be part of a professional, dynamic, and creative design team delivering a wide variety of challenging and rewarding projects. You must demonstrate strong interiors and planning skills and creative knowledge within the commercial design sector.
- Design & Job Management: You will assist in driving the studio team towards innovative design outputs, targeting advancement in quality and reputation. Project and resource planning is essential, and you will be required to give support when necessary while keeping pace of current trends and products. You will inspire your colleagues and clients and assist in the overall development of the team.
- Teamwork & Project Delivery: Using your skills to fully interpret a client brief, you will develop innovative design solutions and collaborate with the technical team to ensure successful project delivery in-line with a client’s aspirations.
- Commercial Management: You will assist in the preparation of fee proposals and will be able to understand and control time allowances made on each project. During the project, you will manage any variances or requests to carry out additional scope and assist with invoicing.
- Client Relations & Business Development: You will have a passion and strong aptitude for developing and maintaining client relationships and support the business development team in identifying and securing future opportunities.
As part of the local studio management team, you will need to demonstrate a high level of both creative and technical ability whilst possessing proven interpersonal and communication skills. You will be capable of leading and managing a team to work within challenging schedules as they take projects from inception to completion while ensuring success in terms of buildability, budget, and programming.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to relevant degree level preferred
- Ideally a minimum 5 years’ commercial interior design experience
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Communication: Possess proactive and persuasive communication skills
- Creativity: Develop creative images both by hand and through use of 3D software
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively as part of a team
- Leadership: Influence outcomes in a positive manner, driving successful project delivery
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt and work flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a valid driving licence